Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beginning Calculus in fits and starts

After 10 weeks of taking a class, it has been hard for me to figure out a way to start Calculus. The past few days I've been collecting resources to help me study. I have videos, ITunes courses, websites and more. What I now need is structure.
 
I guess I got too used to being given material instead of going to look for it. Maybe I am just holding myself back in fear of what's to come. Two posts ago I, finished with a line that sums up my feelings. I illustrate it bellow.
According to some accounts, ancient map makers used to put inscriptions at the edges of their maps that read: "beyond here there be (insert your mythological beast here)". I guess it was their way of saying, "don't know what's beyond so it must be sea monsters, dragons and some other weird stuff." It could have also meant they feared what was there.
 
Do I fear calculus?
 
A little. But I fear not knowing what's beyond even more.
 
It's about time Imjust dive in. Training's over. A part of me knows I am ready for this.
 
So here it goes...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment